A Peru in which young people from all backgrounds have the capabilities to access equal opportunities of high-quality education and fair employment.
Since 2008, Amantani has worked with young people from indigenous Quechua-speaking communities in the Andes of Peru, enabling them to access high quality education and opportunities of fair employment. Driven by a commitment to social justice, we work with young people and parents to create highly contextualised educational projects that enable young people to develop the capabilities they need to access equal opportunities.
- Youth Participation: we ensure young people are heard & can make their own decisions.
- Interculturality: we celebrate diversity and the young people’s cultural heritage.
- Strength Perspective: we focus on individual talents of each young person.
- Reciprocity: we create horizontal relationships with the young people and their parents.
- Individualised Support: we create highly tailored solutions for each individual participant.
- We enable young people to develop life skills and academic skills.
- We enable young people to develop academic, psychosocial and cognitive skills in preparation for a successful transition from secondary school to further education.
- We will enable young people to transition into further education & employment
- We enable young people to access opportunities of fair employment.
- We will be driven from Peru; strategically, financially and operationally.
WE BELIEVE THAT YOUNG PEOPLE EXPERIENCE CHANGE THROUGH:
- Positive People: relationships with people that are consistent, competent and caring.
- Positive Places: places to learn which are stimulating, challenging and nurturing.
- Positive Opportunities: opportunities to develop skills, knowledge and experience.
- Positive Support: to overcome structural barriers, economic, social or otherwise.
OUR PROJECTS SUPPORT YOUNG PEOPLE WITH:
- Social Capital: opportunities through our employment & education partners.
- Cultural Capital: high quality education in a ‘can do’ environment.
- Economic Capital: scholarships to allow young people to access further education.
- Personal Coaching: one-to-one support every step of the way.